Thursday, June 2, 2011

Project Journal: The road ahead.

I know I've been neglecting this log, and I mean to get better about it. I've seen a number of other gaming blogs that go without an update for a year and suddenly the author pipes in with an "I'm so sorry!" post.

I don't want /.moonfire to go through that.

Anyway, here's a quick summary of what I've bee up to, and my immediate projects with Stargrunt II.

1. I'm working out a four-scenario campaign involving the Western Combine (or NAC) assault on the planet Northwind in Eurasian space. Once I've worked out the particulars I'll have the whole lot posted on the Ironshards site.

2. I'm currently up to my elbows in 15mm NAC and FSE pewter. They've only finished drying from the initial filing/washing phase last night, and I will be basing and painting a number of them today.

Also, I've about three squads of 15mm Hammers Slammers infantry that I'm using for Fulson's Fusiliers.

3. I've got a number of hovercraft (tanks and personnel carriers) to put together and paint. I'm still trying to decide which vehicle models will be used by each galactic power I'm using in my own brand of quasi-Tuffleyverse I've got going.


Admittedly I'm a fiend for any little tidbit I can find on SG2, and for all that people have talked about the game in the history of the 'Net between 1996 and now, there really isn't that much in the way of player-generated vehicles, scenarios and such save for all of the few samples and (incredibly useful!) guideline material at sragrunt.ca* and Hyperbear.

All this really means for me is that I have to whip up a lot of this myself. I'm all too happy to do this, but it requires time.

So there's the summary. As you can see I've got a number of things to do, and I'm getting it all done bit by bit.

I'll post an AAR here and on Ironshards as soon as I can get enough of these miniatures finished.

Thanks again!

- Seamus

* The scenario cards are a great resource for coming up with ideas on the fly.

No comments: